UGP 013 - No Cheap Grace
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Can Christians live anyway they want to and God will still save them? Jesus gave his life as a free gift but it was not cheap-it cost him everything! As a man becomes a new creature in Christ, the disposition to sin becomes less and less as the Holy Spirit works in that man.
- Rich young ruler (Mark 10:17-27)
- Faith shown by works (Ephesians 2:10; Romans 3:28; James 2:20-24)
- New creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- The agony of the cross (John 18:11; Luke 23:42-44)
- Shedding of blood, remission of sins (Hebrews 9:22)
- Jesus bore our sins on the tree (1 Peter 2:24)
- Jesus Christ became sin for us, who knew no sin (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- The quote from Jesus and the book of Psalm (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34; Psalm 22:10)
- Not my will, but Thy will (Matthew 26:29; Luke 22:42)
- Our debt nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14)
- The importance of the resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:13-26)
- Jesus came for this purpose (John 12:27)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
What is impossible for man to do, God can do (Mark 10:27)
Good works are a by-product of being saved
Free and cheap are not the same things. If you say grace is cheap, you don’t understand what was done for us on our behalf. There is no such thing as cheap grace!
Does your mother love you? Would you go out and hurt your mother knowing how much she loves you?
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
This podcast is all about how you live in love and flourish in the love of Christ. If you want to find out more what the love of Christ has already done for you contact us at www.unveilinggracepodcast.com or you can write to Lynn at email@example.com, or to Joel at firstname.lastname@example.org