UGP 080 - Grace for COVID-19 - When Normals are Shattered - Part 1
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
In this episode Joel and Lynn talk about how grace and the presence of Jesus changes the way we respond and cope when our normals are shattered by the chaos of something like the Coronavirus. Lynn talks candidly about the contrast between how she would have responded as a faithful member of the LDS Church versus how she has responded now, and the peace that being in a relationship with Jesus brings to times of tragedy (her own mother died in a previous flu pandemic). God can work everything for our good, and disruptions can actually lead to greater depth in our relationship with God and others. Join them this week for encouragement for troubled times and experience a grace that heals.
- Peace in Jesus (John 16:33)
- Peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7)
- Peace in all times and in every way (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
- In perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee (Isaiah 26:3)
- Spirit of fear is not from God (2 Timothy 1:7)
- All things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
- Famines, earthquakes, birth pains (Mark 13:8-9)
- Resting in Jesus (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- It rains on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45)
- In everything give thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Paul praising God in prison (Acts 16:25-34)
- Be anxious about nothing (Philippians 4:6)
- To die is gain (Philippians 1:21-23)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
Trial and crisis have a way of bringing us back to what our bedrock is ~ Joel
If you know the Lord personally, you can go directly to him with your cares and concerns. If your
heart belongs to an organization and you can’t go to that organization, your world is rocked
God does not cause evil. Sin opened up our own pandemic of evil. ~Joel
Disruptions have a great potential to produce depth. Are we driven to call out to Jesus? He is
always present. He has never left. ~Joel
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
Visit https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/ for show notes or to contact Lynn or Joel. Grace and peace!
Chaos uncovers our true values. Trials and tragedies reveal just how solid and dependent our anchor really is.