UGP 082 - Easter Brings a New Covenant of Life, Grace and Transformation - Part 1
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Easter is going to be radically different this year as we stay at home and shelter in place. We are more likely to celebrate it in comfy clothes and fuzzy slippers than hats and high heels. Nevertheless, Easter is where we celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and that is the focus of this episode. Easter inaugurates a whole new covenant - a new way for people to relate to God. It brings to an end life under the Old Covenant, characterized by death and condemnation which was a mere shadow of what we have now.
Lynn shares how much she misunderstood about Jesus and the Old and New Covenants during her 30 years as a faithful Mormon, and how her new understanding and relationship with Jesus has transformed her life. Do you know someone needing a message of grace and hope? Share this episode with them as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and the hope of new life that nothing, not even COVID-19, can take away. https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/
- Old Covenant, New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9)
- Offending the law in one point, you are guilty of all (James 2:10)
- Jesus came to fulfill the law (Matthew 5:17)
- Deity of God (John 1:1)
- Who raised Jesus from the dead? (Galatians 1:1, John 2:19, Romans 8:11)
- Old Testament is a schoolmaster (Galatians 3:24-26)
- Old Testament is temporary, New Testament is permanent (2 Corinthians 3:11)
- Kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies (John 12:24)
- Freedom in the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:17)
- No condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
The Old Testament shows us patterns or shadows of things to come in the New Testament.
God takes sin seriously. The shedding of blood that leads to death is the only remission of sin.
We now live not under law but under grace!
Book: 7 Reasons We Left Mormonism: https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/free-book-offer
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
Visit https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/ for show notes or to contact Lynn or Joel. Grace and peace!
Jesus is enough! He fulfilled every one of the components of the Old Testament.