UGP 083 - New Covenant Grace and Freedom v. Old Covenant Death and Condemnation - Part 2
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Your life and relationships will flourish only to the extent you are free from the bondage of sin and the condemnation of living under the Old Covenant. Lynn Wilder and Joel Groat continue their exploration of the amazing benefits of the New Covenant ushered in by the resurrection of Jesus and warn of the dangers of performance-based religious groups that seek to draw their followers back under the rules and regulations of the Old Covenant. You can experience true freedom and healing in the Holy Spirit as you enter into life in the New Covenant of grace. Jesus brought all your need to work and earn worthiness to an end when he exclaimed: "It is finished!"
- Old Covenant, New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9)
- God speaks through (Hebrews 1:1)
- Shadow of the things to come (Colossians 2:16)
- Guilty of the whole law (James 2:10)
- It is finished (John 19:30)
- Bodies a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
- Our sins bore on Jesus (I Peter 2:24)
- Baptism-a sign of entering into the New Covenant (Romans 2:29; Colossians 2:11-12)
- Giving from the heart (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- A tithe (Malachi 3)
- Freedom in the Spirit of God (2 Corinthians 3:17)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
No man can follow all the commands of the Old Covenant. If it was up to us, we would never be
worthy of God’s acceptance.
On my worst day God doesn’t love me any less and on my best day God doesn’t love me any
more than he already does!
Book Offer: 7 Reasons We Left Mormonism: https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/free-book-offer
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
Are you prioritizing any Old Testament covenants as mandatory in your life? Let us show you how to gain freedom in Jesus! Contact Lynn or Joel at https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/. Grace and peace!