UGP 173 - Why Less Performance Won't Fix the Mormon Religion - Part 2
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
Joel and Lynn continue exploring a recent column in the Salt Lake Tribune that suggests 20 changes the Mormon Church should make for the sake of its members. From tithing to mission-shaming to men wrongly assuming the place of Jesus, it all adds up to the same thing - demands for performance will end up negating our need for grace and our dependence on Jesus as our only link to God the Father. In the end, less performance requirements will not fix the Mormon religion. Lynn and Joel weave scripture and stories together that will encourage you to experience a grace that heals.
- The work of God requires us to believe (Matthew 6:29)
- All have sinned (Romans 3:23)
- Grace (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Righteousness does not come by the law (Galatians 2:15-21)
- Abide in Christ (John 15)
- I never knew you (Matthew 7:21-23)
- No condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)
- Paul what he doesn’t want to do (Romans 7)
- Dragged under the law (Romans 6:15-18)
- The law proclaimed unto John (Luke 16:16)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
If a religious organization is demanding something that you have to do to be in good stead with God, it’s a performance-based religion. ~Joel
How do you know what makes God happy? His book (the Bible) is our standard. ~Lynn
Book Offer, Passport to Heaven: https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/get-micah-wilders-book
APPRECIATE THIS PODCAST? TALK TO US!
Experience a grace that heals. Listen to this episode and all our past episodes, access the show notes, and subscribe to the podcast for free here: https://unveilinggracepodcast.com/. Grace and peace!